Tom or Barb

Default Swimming pool plaster

"John Keiser" wrote in message
New twist on old post.

My gunite pool has rough black plaster that's 25+ years old. I swim in it
and don't mind the roughness at all.

In the last few years, I've noted increased water loss. Sometimes several
inches overnight.

Checked the plumbing, light, skimmer. No leaks that I can find.

Is it likely/possible that the plaster has finally degraded enough that

the
water is simply leeching through the gunite?

Is black plaster still available?

Thanks for comments..

--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.

It is my understanding that the plaster is not waterproof...is basically

there to make the pool look better and to make a smoother surface for the
body to come in contact with. I would be suspicious that underground pipes
have perhaps cracked. Maybe tree roots or earthquake or settling. Or maybe
a crack in the gunite that you can't see because of the "black" plaster.