Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Strange Meile dishwasher problem

newshound wrote
Broadback wrote

the crockery cleans and dries OK, but the cutlery not only remains wet
but is stained. I have carefully cleaned the filters, no change. any
suggestions please as to where the problem may be?

In the old days, dishwashers had an exposed element at the bottom which
heated up the air after the water had drained. Does anyone know whether
warm air is still circulated after the final rinse?

I know my Bosch leave the full sized beer bottles
bloody hot and dry at the end of the heaviest duty
cycle. Not quite too hot to hold but close to that.

Or does stuff dry by evaporation because the final rinse is hot?

Mine doesnt appear to.

Either way, sounds like something is wrong with the Miele cutlery basket
geometry.

I think its much more likely that the cutlery is just
rather harder to dry and what is supposed to dry
everything isnt working properly anymore.

Does it still happen if the basket is almost empty?

Even if it does, that doesnt prove much.

Do you mean rust stains? That is normally a sign of cheap "stainless" with
insufficient alloying elements.

Its more likely he means the water marks you can get
with cutlery that is left wet and all bunched up as it
inevitably is in any cutlery baskets.