Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Strange Meile dishwasher problem

the crockery cleans and dries OK, but the cutlery not only remains wet
but is stained. I have carefully cleaned the filters, no change. any
suggestions please as to where the problem may be?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote:
the crockery cleans and dries OK, but the cutlery not only remains wet
but is stained. I have carefully cleaned the filters, no change. any
suggestions please as to where the problem may be?

Something to do with rinse aid?
Are you using all-in-one tabs, or separate detergent/salt/rinse aid?
(some tabs are 2-in-1 but not 3-in-1)

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 4/28/2017 2:09 PM, Broadback wrote:
the crockery cleans and dries OK, but the cutlery not only remains wet
but is stained. I have carefully cleaned the filters, no change. any
suggestions please as to where the problem may be?

In the old days, dishwashers had an exposed element at the bottom which
heated up the air after the water had drained. Does anyone know whether
warm air is still circulated after the final rinse? Or does stuff dry by
evaporation because the final rinse is hot?

Either way, sounds like something is wrong with the Miele cutlery basket
geometry. Does it still happen if the basket is almost empty?

Do you mean rust stains? That is normally a sign of cheap "stainless"
with insufficient alloying elements.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote:

the crockery cleans and dries OK, but the cutlery not only remains wet
but is stained. I have carefully cleaned the filters, no change. any
suggestions please as to where the problem may be?

Which programme are you using?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Also if the water is too cool the muck tends to congeal back onto metal
parts even if hand washed, so that might also be an issue to look at.
I personally have never seen any dish washer that was perfect, so I never
got one. Ask any owner and they say its fine except....
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Theo" wrote in message
Broadback wrote:
the crockery cleans and dries OK, but the cutlery not only remains wet
but is stained. I have carefully cleaned the filters, no change. any
suggestions please as to where the problem may be?

Something to do with rinse aid?
Are you using all-in-one tabs, or separate detergent/salt/rinse aid?
(some tabs are 2-in-1 but not 3-in-1)

Theo

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/17 14:09, Broadback wrote:
the crockery cleans and dries OK, but the cutlery not only remains wet
but is stained. I have carefully cleaned the filters, no change. any
suggestions please as to where the problem may be?

Tried running some dishwasher cleaner through?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote in news:2u6ctd-46m.ln1
@squidward.local.dionic.net:

On 28/04/17 14:09, Broadback wrote:
the crockery cleans and dries OK, but the cutlery not only remains wet
but is stained. I have carefully cleaned the filters, no change. any
suggestions please as to where the problem may be?

Tried running some dishwasher cleaner through?

I thought Meile were perfect!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/17 18:30, DerbyBorn wrote:
Tim Watts wrote in news:2u6ctd-46m.ln1
@squidward.local.dionic.net:

On 28/04/17 14:09, Broadback wrote:
the crockery cleans and dries OK, but the cutlery not only remains wet
but is stained. I have carefully cleaned the filters, no change. any
suggestions please as to where the problem may be?

Tried running some dishwasher cleaner through?

I thought Meile were perfect!

They are

But you have to look after them...
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 28/04/2017 18:30, DerbyBorn wrote:
Tim Watts wrote in news:2u6ctd-46m.ln1
@squidward.local.dionic.net:

On 28/04/17 14:09, Broadback wrote:
the crockery cleans and dries OK, but the cutlery not only remains wet
but is stained. I have carefully cleaned the filters, no change. any
suggestions please as to where the problem may be?

Tried running some dishwasher cleaner through?

I thought Meile were perfect!

I think their washing machines are damn near perfect. Their other stuff,
not so.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2017 14:26, Theo wrote:
Broadback wrote:
the crockery cleans and dries OK, but the cutlery not only remains wet
but is stained. I have carefully cleaned the filters, no change. any
suggestions please as to where the problem may be?

Something to do with rinse aid?

+1

Try a top up of the rinse aid.

Are you using all-in-one tabs, or separate detergent/salt/rinse aid?
(some tabs are 2-in-1 but not 3-in-1)

Theo

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2017 14:09, Broadback wrote:
the crockery cleans and dries OK, but the cutlery not only remains wet
but is stained. I have carefully cleaned the filters, no change. any
suggestions please as to where the problem may be?

Has anything changed - like the detergent you use (or all-in-one
tablets, or whatever)?

I've always used Finish Liquid (the viscous white stuff) but, of late,
you can't get that and they've replaced it with a thin blue runny
so-called gel - which is totally useless.

Not quite the same symptoms as yours - this gel stuff no longer cleans
teapots properly, leaves brown streaks on plates and often leaves
deposits on cups which make tea taste nasty. I suppose what I'm saying
is that the results you get are highly influenced by what
detergent/salt/rinse aid you use.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/17 19:00, GB wrote:
On 28/04/2017 18:30, DerbyBorn wrote:
Tim Watts wrote in news:2u6ctd-46m.ln1
@squidward.local.dionic.net:

On 28/04/17 14:09, Broadback wrote:
the crockery cleans and dries OK, but the cutlery not only remains wet
but is stained. I have carefully cleaned the filters, no change. any
suggestions please as to where the problem may be?

Tried running some dishwasher cleaner through?

I thought Meile were perfect!

I think their washing machines are damn near perfect. Their other stuff,
not so.

No complaints from me on their dishwashers.

However, their hoovers are not so good. Damn powerful and excellent
filtration, but seem prone to bits falling off.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:

GB wrote:

DerbyBorn wrote

I thought Meile were perfect!

their hoovers are not so good. Damn powerful and excellent
filtration, but seem prone to bits falling off.

Nothing's fallen off mine yet, it has a couple of cracks in the case and
the cable retract has needed stripping down once before and is getting a
bit weak again now, but it's been doing DIY duties for a few years, so
it may soon be time to drag the still boxed replacement (full fat Miele)
out of the attic ... once there's no plaster dust around the place.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote

the crockery cleans and dries OK, but the cutlery not only remains wet but
is stained. I have carefully cleaned the filters, no change. any
suggestions please as to where the problem may be?

Most likely the drying cycle is the problem, most likely it isnt being
heated enough. The crockery doesnt need as much heat because
its usually well separated from the other crockery and retains the
heat from the last hot rinse better than the cutlery does. I'd see
if it has an air heater to dry the stuff at the end and if that has failed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote
Broadback wrote

the crockery cleans and dries OK, but the cutlery not only remains wet
but is stained. I have carefully cleaned the filters, no change. any
suggestions please as to where the problem may be?

In the old days, dishwashers had an exposed element at the bottom which
heated up the air after the water had drained. Does anyone know whether
warm air is still circulated after the final rinse?

I know my Bosch leave the full sized beer bottles
bloody hot and dry at the end of the heaviest duty
cycle. Not quite too hot to hold but close to that.

Or does stuff dry by evaporation because the final rinse is hot?

Mine doesnt appear to.

Either way, sounds like something is wrong with the Miele cutlery basket
geometry.

I think its much more likely that the cutlery is just
rather harder to dry and what is supposed to dry
everything isnt working properly anymore.

Does it still happen if the basket is almost empty?

Even if it does, that doesnt prove much.

Do you mean rust stains? That is normally a sign of cheap "stainless" with
insufficient alloying elements.

Its more likely he means the water marks you can get
with cutlery that is left wet and all bunched up as it
inevitably is in any cutlery baskets.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/17 18:54, Tim Watts wrote:
On 28/04/17 18:30, DerbyBorn wrote:
Tim Watts wrote in news:2u6ctd-46m.ln1
@squidward.local.dionic.net:

On 28/04/17 14:09, Broadback wrote:
the crockery cleans and dries OK, but the cutlery not only remains wet
but is stained. I have carefully cleaned the filters, no change. any
suggestions please as to where the problem may be?

Tried running some dishwasher cleaner through?

I thought Meile were perfect!

They are

Miele however, are quite another matter.

But you have to look after them...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:
On 28/04/17 18:30, DerbyBorn wrote:
Tim Watts wrote in news:2u6ctd-46m.ln1
@squidward.local.dionic.net:

On 28/04/17 14:09, Broadback wrote:
the crockery cleans and dries OK, but the cutlery not only remains wet
but is stained. I have carefully cleaned the filters, no change. any
suggestions please as to where the problem may be?

Tried running some dishwasher cleaner through?

I thought Meile were perfect!

They are

But you have to look after them...

I prefer our badged Hoover. Cheap as chips, stacks far better than any
other dishwasher we have ever owned, runs perfectly on a nominal 65C
setting with hot water intake and doesn't get looked after!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Capitol wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:
On 28/04/17 18:30, DerbyBorn wrote:
Tim Watts wrote in news:2u6ctd-46m.ln1
@squidward.local.dionic.net:

On 28/04/17 14:09, Broadback wrote:
the crockery cleans and dries OK, but the cutlery not only remains wet
but is stained. I have carefully cleaned the filters, no change. any
suggestions please as to where the problem may be?

Tried running some dishwasher cleaner through?

I thought Meile were perfect!

They are

But you have to look after them...

I prefer our badged Hoover. Cheap as chips, stacks far better than
any other dishwasher we have ever owned, runs perfectly on a nominal 65C
setting with hot water intake and doesn't get looked after!

and runs on Lidl cheap tablets. Locally rust marks are due to excess
iron in the water supply. The water company always fails the tests but
does nothing.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/17 22:39, Huge wrote:

Our Miele dishwasher is not as good as the Bosch which preceded it.

They seemed very similar - I had a Logixx which died after about 8 years
and got replaced by a Miele and both worked well.

Certainly both are better than some piece of French junk I inherited in
a house move once - forget the brand - went bust. Never cleaned anything
properly...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

Also if the water is too cool the muck tends to congeal back onto metal
parts even if hand washed, so that might also be an issue to look at.

I personally have never seen any dish washer that was perfect,

Neither is washing that stuff by hand, in spades.

so I never got one.

So all that time wasted...

Ask any owner and they say its fine except....

I don’t, no except at all.

"Theo" wrote in message
Broadback wrote:
the crockery cleans and dries OK, but the cutlery not only remains wet
but is stained. I have carefully cleaned the filters, no change. any
suggestions please as to where the problem may be?

Something to do with rinse aid?
Are you using all-in-one tabs, or separate detergent/salt/rinse aid?
(some tabs are 2-in-1 but not 3-in-1)

Theo

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2017 22:39, Huge wrote:

Our Miele dishwasher is not as good as the Bosch which preceded it.

At this stage in it's life I'd have to echo this statement. Ours
replaced a "Neff" (same as Bosch in all but name it appears) however
that was only a few years ago or so the Miele has got another 6 or 8
years to go.

If it lasts 20 years without any problems then the higher price for
apparently less effective cleaning might balance up. That said, the Aldi
dishwasher tablets I'm now using have bought it up to being on a par.

Perhaps the "Finish 4-in-one" tablets I always used in the Neff became
crap right at the same time that the Miele was plumbed in but I doubt it
as there was still 1/4 of a box left at the time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ash Burton" wrote in message
news
On 28/04/2017 14:26, Theo wrote:
Broadback wrote:
the crockery cleans and dries OK, but the cutlery not only remains wet
but is stained. I have carefully cleaned the filters, no change. any
suggestions please as to where the problem may be?

Something to do with rinse aid?

+1

Try a top up of the rinse aid.

Rinse aid isnt for getting the cutlery don’t better,
its for the glasses and crockery which are fine.

Are you using all-in-one tabs, or separate detergent/salt/rinse aid?
(some tabs are 2-in-1 but not 3-in-1)

Shouldn’t JUST give a poor result with just the cutlery.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
On 28/04/2017 14:09, Broadback wrote:
the crockery cleans and dries OK, but the cutlery not only remains wet
but is stained. I have carefully cleaned the filters, no change. any
suggestions please as to where the problem may be?

Has anything changed - like the detergent you use (or all-in-one tablets,
or whatever)?

I've always used Finish Liquid (the viscous white stuff) but, of late, you
can't get that and they've replaced it with a thin blue runny so-called
gel - which is totally useless.

Not quite the same symptoms as yours - this gel stuff no longer cleans
teapots properly, leaves brown streaks on plates and often leaves deposits
on cups which make tea taste nasty. I suppose what I'm saying is that the
results you get are highly influenced by what detergent/salt/rinse aid you
use.

Unlikely to JUST give a poor result with the cutlery.

Bet the hardware that does the final drying is what has a problem
now because the cutlery is much harder to dry than anything else.

Meile dishwasher G1225SC rinse air problem Broadback[_3_] UK diy 2 February 19th 15 08:58 PM
Bosch dishwasher: strange behaviour of replacement controle module Adam Funk[_3_] UK diy 2 June 23rd 11 02:59 PM
strange dishwasher [email protected] Home Repair 1 August 27th 05 05:36 AM
Strange problem KTECH Home Repair 5 August 5th 05 03:29 PM
Strange dishwasher leak tom Home Repair 3 July 29th 05 05:59 AM