Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Once bitten.

Ordered some bits online and collected them from TLC. Guy brought them to
the counter in a couple of carrier bags. Only when getting home did I
notice only three out of four of the same item were present (I'd bought
several different things at once)
Moral being check everything carefully no matter how much you hold up the
queue behind you.

Did much the same with ToolStation. Some of the items I wanted weren't
stock at my local branch.
On collection, they were in two sealed cardboard boxes. Asked the
assistant to open them to check everything I'd ordered and paid for was
there. She wasn't happy and had to go and find some scissors to do this.
And in one of the packages, a tin of paint had split open and spilled its
contents. But just inside the plastic bag it was wrapped in, so not
showing on the outside.

Took a further 1/4 hour or so for her to order up a replacement for
collection later.

--
*You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.