Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Once bitten.

Ordered some bits online and collected them from TLC. Guy brought them to
the counter in a couple of carrier bags. Only when getting home did I
notice only three out of four of the same item were present (I'd bought
several different things at once)
Moral being check everything carefully no matter how much you hold up the
queue behind you.

Did much the same with ToolStation. Some of the items I wanted weren't
stock at my local branch.
On collection, they were in two sealed cardboard boxes. Asked the
assistant to open them to check everything I'd ordered and paid for was
there. She wasn't happy and had to go and find some scissors to do this.
And in one of the packages, a tin of paint had split open and spilled its
contents. But just inside the plastic bag it was wrapped in, so not
showing on the outside.

Took a further 1/4 hour or so for her to order up a replacement for
collection later.

--
*You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

That's the problem with the apparent "ease-of-ordering" online. Two or
three items are pretty easy to check, but once you get above
half-a-dozen it's amazing how often something is missing. Is it because
people can't count above five, or do they put the item down somewhere
and forget about it?

How in hell did a new tin of paint get open?

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jeff Layman wrote:
[...]

I dunno. It was in its own cardboard box printed Toolstation and with the
part number on it. And had plastic bubble packing to the top - and didn't
look damaged from the outside. On asking for it to be replaced got a 'well
the replacement might be the same'. ;-) And I had a witness to all this.

--
*Speak softly and carry a cellular phone *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 27 April 2017 15:12:34 UTC+1, Jeff Layman wrote:
That's the problem with the apparent "ease-of-ordering" online. Two or
three items are pretty easy to check, but once you get above
half-a-dozen it's amazing how often something is missing. Is it because
people can't count above five, or do they put the item down somewhere
and forget about it?

Or does it get sold for cash and not go through the books?

Owain