Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Paint.

On 25/04/2017 14:00, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Bill wrote:

"A solvent-borne, traditional matt finish formulated for interior
use. Based on an alkyd resin it provides excellent obliteration
and flow characteristics and produces a smooth even finish
with excellent durability".

I rang and spoke to the Johntone's technical support desk, who said the
formulation was exactly what they would use for an exterior paint, and
the reason it said "Interior" was that getting it independently
certified for "Exterior" was a long and expensive process, so hadn't be
done for this paint.
I then asked about yellowing and they said that yellowing would only
take place in low light conditions indoors eg on skirting boards and
that the paint would be fine used externally in natural UV light.

So we have a paint sold as interior that is better as an exterior paint.

So, what is the best interior white gloss and emulsion paint to
avoid yellowing?

I wouldn't mind knowing - I painted some skirting with Dulux 'Once' and
it's distinctly off-white now. Same with their trade emulsion (or maybe
that was Crown - can't remember).

--
Cheers, Rob