Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen[_19_] Stephen[_19_] is offline

Default cutting glass

Hello,

I had a couple of cupboards from Ikea that had glass doors. The
cupboards are long gone but I have found the doors during a spring
clean of my garage! They are too big to fit in the wheely bin but cut
in half they might fit. They are just a pane of glass with no metal or
wood or other substance attached. Smaller than 4' x 2'

Is it possible to cut them? I cannot see anything on the glass to say
that it is safety glass but I imagine they would not have sold it with
"normal" glass. Will it just shatter if I attempt to score and snap?
Is it better to take them in one piece to the tip? I was hoping to
avoid a journey but if that's what it takes, I will do it.

Thanks,
Stephen.