Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default OS upgrades

@googlegroups.com Wed, 26 Apr 2017 00:04:15 GMT in alt.home.repair,
wrote:

On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 8:30:08 PM UTC-4, Diesel wrote:

Mon, 17
Apr 2017 12:58:18 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

[snip]

I misunderstood your question the first time...

No worries.

[snip]

And thinking about your question further, I think you are asking
me if sunbelt is reporting to me the specific PORT NUMBER that
Adobe is requesting?

That's what I'm asking, yes.

I think it did but i failed to write it down.

I will record it the next time

Cool beans. Don't forget to fork wireshark data, too. Please.

ok finally got back to this

the ip address is 65.202.184.48 or (27)

and the remote port is http 80.

mark

http and not https right? Wireshark can show you exactly what it's
sending as well as any response it gets. The data itself could still be
encrypted, but, it's not via https.

Going by the pdf found he

http://help.adobe.com/archive/en/rea..._reference.pdf

Messages from Adobe

The General preferences include options for allowing Adobe to
display in-product marketing messages while you work in the program.
You decide whether to receive these in-product marketing messages.

Note: Transactional messages, which facilitate the Adobe Online
Service, cannot be turned off.

I'd say it's usage statistics data and/or what adobe calls
'transactional messages'. I'd know more, if you shared the wireshark
details concerning it. It's communicating with an AkamaiGHost server.
Rather, it's trying to do so.