Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default Happy Easter Everyone!

On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 20:13:13 +0100, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

On Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 1:16:45 PM UTC-4, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

I'm not saying to remove education, I'm saying it should be paid for by te parent, and be optional.

What do we do with all of the illiterate and innumerate people
whose parents couldn't be bothered to educate them? "He who gives
his child nothing by way of education educates him as a thief."

The child was created by, and belongs to, the parent until it is old enough to fend for itself. What right does the government have to control it?

Anyway, stupid kids stay stupid even if the system attempts to educate them. Might aswell stop wasting money on no-hopers.

Don't get me wrong. I think there are two main problems with
education in America:

1. Parents. If it's not the ones who don't think it's important
that their kids show up to school prepared to learn, it's the ones
who think the rules don't apply to their precious little flowers.

That's because of unnecessary pointless rules, like all wearing the same uniform. There can only be one reason for wanting kids to dress up like that - teachers are paedophiles. They're turned on by kids in uniform. It has no education benefit whatsoever.

Uniforms are very rare in American public schools.

Then your education system is less ****ed up than the UK one. Almost all ours have uniforms. They serve no purpose whatsoever.

2. Schools of Education, and by extension, the requirements for
obtaining a teaching certificate. Teachers should first and foremost
have a degree in a real discipline such as math, English, or one of
the sciences (including the fuzzy disciplines like history), and then
take training to present their knowledge in a classroom.

Er.... they do.

Not necessarily. A person can major in Education, minor in
English, and teach science (badly) and math (worse) to children.

Not here. Teachers need a decent degree in a subject, plus a teaching degree on top of that.

--
Women do not snore, burp, sweat, or fart.
Therefore, they must "bitch" or they will blow up.