Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_4_] Bob Minchin[_4_] is offline

Default Paint.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Need to do some external decoration. White gloss on wood.

Toolstation sell Bedec paints which are a lot more expensive than Dulux,
etc. Are they worth it?

Must admit I've never been that impressed with Dulux, in general. But then
I really want a paint which is simple to apply and lasts forever. ;-)

An architect friend (who is both a designer and a self
builder/renovator) swears by Bedec paints. I feel he is a bit "green
round the edges" and possibly favours water based paints and it is
possible that within the class of water based paint, Bedec is probably
superior.
Whether it is better than a good oil based paint on well prepared timber
might be debatable.