Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default General election

bert wrote:

In article , Roger Hayter
writes
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I suspect what MAY well happen, is everyone votes tory for Brexit, and
then May says 'Ive got my mandate' and waters it down to nothing.

Strangely, I agree with you. Certainly, if Eastern European labour is
no longer available, business will be allowed to import other people
from somewhere. Corbyn's policy of making immigrants just as expensive
as UK workers is the only one that could conceivably be effective in
reducing the damage of immigration, were it possible to make it work.

Are you saying that immigrants can currently be paid less than the
minimum wage? EU immigrants must already be treated the same as locals.

But there is very considerable evidence that they often aren't.

--

Roger Hayter