Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default General election

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Roger Hayter wrote:
It may be at the next vote. Unless we vote for silly Jeremy who seems
to think he'll spend billions on Trident but refuses to push the
button. What a numpty.

Since the Americans have a highly effective veto over us using Trident,
and an overwhelming superiority of weapons if they are in favour of us
doing so it is hard to believe it makes a significant difference.

Very odd that 'we' insist on having a nuclear deterrent, but think other
countries like Iran, Pakistan, N Korea etc mustn't be allowed the same.

Nothing odd about it at all if you are familiar with the development of
nuclear arms over the last 60 years. Are you in favour of North Korea
having it's own nuclear weapons.
--
bert