Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New Woodburner Regulations

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Ecodesign is a broad EC project, it's been the reason for phasing out
incandescent lamps, low powered hoovers, expensive 'intelligent' central
heating pumps, etc ... woodburners are just the next thing in their
sights, along with kettles, hairdryers etc.

It phased out low powered Hoovers, did it?

No, it introduced them the same way in introduced rather than phased out
"smart" pumps.

Which smart pumps have been phased out?

Incandescent bulbs? Very odd I can still buy the latter.
You really really really shouldn't believe everything you read in the Mail.

Then you will be pleased that I read it from here instead

http://ec.europa.eu/growth/industry/sustainability/ecodesign_en

If they've said incandescent bulbs have been phased out they're as wrong
as you.

And you might also explain why forcing makers to improve the
efficiency of their products is a bad thing.

I think it would be much better to force labelling, and let the consumer
choose.

You really think makers give a stuff about efficiency on something like a
vacuum cleaner? And most consumers simply don't care.

--
*The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on my list.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.