Caliban

Default Sink Clips

"jim" wrote
Caliban wrote:
My kitchen sink has four sink clips (a.k.a. mounting screws). If the

edge on
which the faucet is located is "north," then the east and west edges

have
two clips each, for a total of four clips.

Does anyone have more clips and/or clips located on all edges?

My disposer is causing vibration of the faucet and probably drain

pipes.
The sink is probably 18 gage (the thinnest skin available), but I want

see if more clips or better locations of the clips might improve the
situation.

i have see about 16 on my kitchen sink(if we are talking about the same
thing... they go under the sink and squeeze the sink to the counter top
by tightening the screws..

Yes, this is what I am talking about.

whoever put yours in did not do it
correctly.. my sink is steel(the thin stuff with a color on it....made
about 1972 when the house was built... double sink... but just 4 even on
a real small sink seems like it is not enough... go to ace hardware
store and see if they have any or can tell you where to get some....
hope this helps.

Thanks, Jim. Very helpful. I'll definitely give it a whirl.