Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Here's that high pressure hydraulic pump and jack setup that I was talking about

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 12:41:23 -0500, Ignoramus22339

On 2017-04-13, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 18:36:21 -0500, Ignoramus25440
wrote:

This is a high pressure pump and an assemblage of cylinders that I put
together. I had this stuff for a while, in a box, but since I knew I
might need it this week. I put it together.

It saved our ass today, as the machine that I tried to lift today was
not only too heavy to lift (70,000 lbs), but also GLUED to the floor
with epoxy. (!!!)

https://www.machinerymoverschicago.c...draulic-Setup/

Nice little setup. Cute mini-rams.

The white shop floor is a great idea. I painted mine white 14 years
ago and have loved it. Dropped parts are much easier to find and the
shop is a lot brighter as a result. After I get mine cleared out,
it's time to repaint it.

Yes, I agree, nice if you can afford it etc

I used floor paint rather than epoxy, at 1/3 to 1/2 the price. It has
lasted quite well. It added a minimum of 25% light (when there was
floor to reflect it), which amazed and pleased me. But finding tiny
metal springs and clips (Jesus Clips, as in "Jesus, where'd that
little thing go?") is made exponentially easier. Metal blends in too
well with gray crete floors.

--
Newman's First Law:
It is useless to put on your brakes when you're upside down.