Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Here's that high pressure hydraulic pump and jack setup that I wastalking about

This is a high pressure pump and an assemblage of cylinders that I put
together. I had this stuff for a while, in a box, but since I knew I
might need it this week. I put it together.

It saved our ass today, as the machine that I tried to lift today was
not only too heavy to lift (70,000 lbs), but also GLUED to the floor
with epoxy. (!!!)

https://www.machinerymoverschicago.c...draulic-Setup/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The pump is air powered?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 18:36:21 -0500, Ignoramus25440
wrote:

This is a high pressure pump and an assemblage of cylinders that I put
together. I had this stuff for a while, in a box, but since I knew I
might need it this week. I put it together.

It saved our ass today, as the machine that I tried to lift today was
not only too heavy to lift (70,000 lbs), but also GLUED to the floor
with epoxy. (!!!)

https://www.machinerymoverschicago.c...draulic-Setup/

Nice little setup. Cute mini-rams.

The white shop floor is a great idea. I painted mine white 14 years
ago and have loved it. Dropped parts are much easier to find and the
shop is a lot brighter as a result. After I get mine cleared out,
it's time to repaint it.

--
Newman's First Law:
It is useless to put on your brakes when you're upside down.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2017-04-13, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
The pump is air powered?

yes it is.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

This is a high pressure pump and an assemblage of cylinders that I put
together. I had this stuff for a while, in a box, but since I knew I
might need it this week. I put it together.

It saved our ass today, as the machine that I tried to lift today was
not only too heavy to lift (70,000 lbs), but also GLUED to the floor
with epoxy. (!!!)

https://www.machinerymoverschicago.c...draulic-Setup/

Nice little setup. Cute mini-rams.

The white shop floor is a great idea. I painted mine white 14 years
ago and have loved it. Dropped parts are much easier to find and the
shop is a lot brighter as a result. After I get mine cleared out,
it's time to repaint it.

Yes, I agree, nice if you can afford it etc

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 06:45:01 -0500, Ignoramus22339

On 2017-04-13, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
The pump is air powered?

yes it is.

Standard AOH, just like the little HF jack in the red box, right?

--
Newman's First Law:
It is useless to put on your brakes when you're upside down.
--Paul Newman
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2017-04-13, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
The pump is air powered?

yes it is.

Standard AOH, just like the little HF jack in the red box, right?

It is not like a jack, exactly, but the same principle. I think that
pneumatics drive a membrane, which drives the hydraulic
piston. Overall it looks very old fashioned and very industrial
quality.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2017-04-13, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
The pump is air powered?

yes it is.

Standard AOH, just like the little HF jack in the red box, right?

It is not like a jack, exactly, but the same principle. I think that
pneumatics drive a membrane, which drives the hydraulic
piston. Overall it looks very old fashioned and very industrial
quality.

Was it a house mover's kit, or originally designed for machinery
leveling, etc? I see that you have two other mini-rams, too.

--
Newman's First Law:
It is useless to put on your brakes when you're upside down.
--Paul Newman
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

This is a high pressure pump and an assemblage of cylinders that I put
together. I had this stuff for a while, in a box, but since I knew I
might need it this week. I put it together.

It saved our ass today, as the machine that I tried to lift today was
not only too heavy to lift (70,000 lbs), but also GLUED to the floor
with epoxy. (!!!)

https://www.machinerymoverschicago.c...draulic-Setup/

Nice little setup. Cute mini-rams.

The white shop floor is a great idea. I painted mine white 14 years
ago and have loved it. Dropped parts are much easier to find and the
shop is a lot brighter as a result. After I get mine cleared out,
it's time to repaint it.

Yes, I agree, nice if you can afford it etc

I used floor paint rather than epoxy, at 1/3 to 1/2 the price. It has
lasted quite well. It added a minimum of 25% light (when there was
floor to reflect it), which amazed and pleased me. But finding tiny
metal springs and clips (Jesus Clips, as in "Jesus, where'd that
little thing go?") is made exponentially easier. Metal blends in too
well with gray crete floors.