Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fixing an electric hedgetrimmer: any advice? (or hope?!)

submitted this idea :
I'm curious if it is good advice to tell people to get multimeter to fix
mains appliances.

I'm sure it is. We deal with practical people here who want to fix things,
not people needing their little hands held.

I would be very reluctant to offer help to anyone, who in his own
confession, claims to have no understanding at all of even the basics.
He could electrocute himself, or even the cutter could if he is working
with the power on - suddenly begin running and take his fingers off.