Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Local Councils to be told to take waste fee-free

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
Edinburgh to Gatwick: cancelled by Easy. So we took the train to Kings
X, tube to Victoria, and then train to Lewes, drop off FiL and pick up
car from his, two hour drive back to Canterbury.

Arrived back home *before* the take-off of the alternative flight
proposed by Easy.

Exceptions? No rail strikes? No leaves?

What *are* you talking about?

Add to that we didn't even start in Edinburgh - we were in a small
village called Dalmeny near Queensferry, so had to get the train in to
Waverley before we could even start looking at Kings X trains.

Wouldn't it make more sense to plan any journey before setting off?

Of course you can produce a scenario where the plane is quicker. If you
live close to both airports either end and get a lift to and from them.

But let's talk about what is fastest for most, for a change.

--
*Taxation WITH representation ain't much fun, either.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.