Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default Local Councils to be told to take waste fee-free

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Capitol
wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

BTW, internal flights in the UK frequently take longer than ordinary
train. Door to door. And are far more likely to be delayed.

My experience of flying between Scotland and London was never delayed
and took far less time than the train. London to Birmingham on the train
takes longer than going by car IME as the time taken to reach the centre
of town adds up to 4 hours to the train journey time between the cities.
I also don't know anybody who can afford the fares for a family.

Gatwick to Edinburgh: delayed two hours due to weather.

Edinburgh to Gatwick: cancelled by Easy. So we took the train to Kings
X, tube to Victoria, and then train to Lewes, drop off FiL and pick up
car from his, two hour drive back to Canterbury.

Arrived back home *before* the take-off of the alternative flight
proposed by Easy.

which simply proves that Easy are useless at re-booking passengers

Now, who is surprised by that?

tim