Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Local Councils to be told to take waste fee-free

In article ,
Tim Lamb wrote:
Yes. To those who think 'recycling everything' actually saves the planet,
it might in fact make things worse. As a recycled bag containing non
recyclable materials will probably go straight to landfill. So could be
better to only recycle the things you are certain can be used. Plastics in
particular being very difficult to know about.

Recycling stations in London (very limited experience) seem to offer a
greater choice of skips than our rural ones.

Two thoughts for when I rule the world:-

Recyclable packaging should be marked clearly.

Yes. Or more to the point, all foodstuff packaging should be recyclable.

and manufacturers should be encouraged to avoid packaging destined for
the rubbish bin.

I recently did a load of shredding, and know this can't go in with the
recycling. But thought they might have a skip for it at the centre. But
not - just goes in the household waste. (I didn't fancy putting it in my
usual rubbish sacks and have the compactor scatter it everywhere)

--
*We waste time, so you don't have to *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.