Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Police drag passenger from United Airlines plane

On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 14:43:45 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 10:03:58 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 10:02:41 AM UTC-4, Kurt V. Ullman wrote:
On 4/11/17 9:10 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/11/2017 12:23 AM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 21:15:07 -0700, Taxed and Spent
wrote:

If it was overbooked, there should have been four people standing up
looking for a seat. Musical Chairs rules should apply.

Airlines overbook every day. It ****es people off.

Often there are no-shows so I can understand it. I've been bumped but
was well compensated for it and it made little difference in my life.
Arriving a couple of hours later in first class and getting free tickets
is not so bad. In this case though, the guy was already seated on the
plane. Poor planning on the airline.
The problem with that is for the most part the no-shows have already
paid and any more it is non-refunable. So they are double dipping if
they overbook.

Non-refundable not usable.

Yes, some tickets you have no recourse. But most tickets on the majors
are re-usable, usually with a change fee, depending on whether it's a
full fare ticket or a deep discount one.

That change fee is $100, at least with every airline I have been on
and that is a full fare first class ticket. You need to pay an
additional fee in advance if you want a flex ticket.

Usually a full fare ticket is a flexible ticket. Any discount
generally is not, without significant notice or a sizeable fee.

Generally if you "confirm"48 hours in advance there is no problem
changing the flight, and coming home from Europe,there was "job
action" at frankfurt which meant flights were rescheduled and
cancelled out of Barcelona. We were ticketed on air france from
Barcelona to Frankfurt to Toronto. We managed to re-route from
Barcelona to Paris to JFK to Pearson. The flight from Barcelona to
Paris was delayed, so the flight from Paris to JFK was late and the
connection to Pearson was missed, meaning we had to overnight in the
Big Apple. A professor we met and who helped us make the
barcelona-paris-JFK connection HAD to be in Toronto for a very
important conference (he was keynote speaker I believe) kept
questioning air france personel because they said there were NO
flights that could get him home before 10:30 the next morning - they
ended up sending him by taxi to Teterborough? where he caught a flight
to London Ontario where he took a rental car to Toronto - - - -.
Always more than one way to skin a cat!!!!