Ned Flanders

Default 4" PVC slipped through 6" clay?

I see 6" being used here as well.
that other old clay stuff is usually 5"

wrote in message
Are you sure about the 4 inch line (outside of the house) as I used to
inspect main line sewer installations and all the house connections
were 6 inches going to the curb ? It should be easy enough to check
tho....go to the building dept. and / or plumbers for advise in your
area. There may be building code requirements for this.

Personally, unless there is a compelling reason, I'd rather have 6
inch pipe outside the house. Inside homes tho, it's usually 4 inches.

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 16:08:07 GMT, "jeff"

wrote:

When installing a new sewer line at my house, the goal is a complete 4"
sch40 PVC mainline connection from the house to the curb, except that, in
one small section, in which a concrete staircase is over the pipe,

they're
considering slipping the 4" PVC through through the existing 6" clay pipe
(assuming the current outside line is 6" clay.)

The line within my house is already only 4" line, and 4" PVC is what they
normally install around here for new residential lines as permitted by

the
code. If so, then slipping the 4" Sch40 PVC through existing 6" clay

pipe
is being considered for the problematic section where the concrete steps

are
located. The end result would be a completely-PVC connection from my

house
to the curb, except that one section of the PVC pipe would happen to have
the old 6" clay pipe around it.

Would this be considered improper or is this acceptable?

Jeff

** remove .invalid from my email address to reply by email **