Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Selling A House With A Shop - Leave It For Showing Or Empty It?

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 12:03:29 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 4/9/2017 6:28 PM, wrote:

trying not to flog a deceased equine further ...but you would have
gotten exactly the same deal if you had &megabank write the check.
It's all cash to the contractor.

The bank is not going to take your word for it and hand you a check for
X dollars to build a new home. They send the check to the closing/title
company.

Irrelevant. The point is that the builder gets the same money either
way.

Look, I am only telling what the builder told me. I got the $5,000
discount for paying cash and not involving a mortgage company. This
obviously saves the builder money. Seriously, why else would the
builder offer me and additional $5,000 off after the negotiated price?

....and I'll bet you would have gotten the same deal if you'd walked in
with a check from &megabank.

The builder has to pay title companies, surveyors, appraisers, and
attorneys to get all the paper work together to prove that the house is
worth the risk and to insure that the home meets certain standards to
qualify for the loan.

All irrelevant. ...or are you saying that you would buy a house on
unsurveyed property?

No, you are going off on a tangent again.

Not a tangent at all. Those are fixed costs. You're paying them
whether you have a mortgage or not. ...or pretty dumb not to.