Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Selling A House With A Shop - Leave It For Showing Or Empty It?

On Saturday, April 8, 2017 at 11:28:49 AM UTC-4, Leon wrote:

Every one is in a zone determined by FEMA.

I live on a hill, high above a bay and about 2 miles from one our Great Lakes.

A few years ago we got a letter from our Ins Co telling us that we were in a
FEMA designated flood zone and that we had to either buy our own flood
insurance or they would buy it for us.

It would take a flood of biblical proportions for my house to flood due to
a storm. Houses that are less than a mile from me would be completely
submerged before my house even got wet.

I called the Ins Co and was told that it was basically a mistake by their IT
department. A small coding error caused the letter to be sent to *everyone*
that had a mortgage with the company.

Here's the kicker: It took them over 3 months to inform us, by letter, that
the first letter was in error.

I wonder how many people bought flood insurance based on the letter because
they didn't know any better. I also wonder what happened when they tried to
cancel it. Would the Ins Co's refund them the 3 months of premiums? Would
they charge them a penalty?