Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default dishwasher detergent clogging drain

"charles" wrote in message
In article , Rod Speed
wrote:
Diane m wrote
Tim+ wrote

I rinse everything before putting in the dishwasher

Bloody hell, what a waste of time. Any decent dishwasher rinses the stuff
in it before washing is.

Not if it's rice. That tends to block the filter on the drain.

I never get that effect with mine and I do eat quite a bit of rice.

The rice ends up in the pocket thing in the filter where its completely
trivial to knock out into the bin, with 3 completely different dishwasher
models from 3 completely different manufacturers.

Hell of a lot easier to do that than to rinse everything
that goes into the dishwasher. Stupid waste of time.

All I ever do is scrape off the biggest stuff like say
chop bones into the bin before the plate goes into
the dishwasher.