TURTLE

Default Repaired 5A fuse on lighting circuit keeps blowing?

"Timmah" wrote in message
om...
Hi -

I repaired a fuse - 2nd one labelled "lighting circuits" in my house
panel, as all the lights on the lower floor were out.

Repaired it 2 times, and it blew straight away.

All the advice I can find so far leads to me towards calling an
electrician at this point - but they cost so damn much!

Wondering if anyone had any suggestions that won't lead to violent
electrocution...

Any help much appreciated.

Timmah

This is Turtle.

I'm not a residentiual electrician but a commercial Electrician and you have
a 5 amp fuse for a complete floor of electric circuits. If you plug in a
hair drier, It will blow the fuse. If you turn on a TV , 2 lites, and a
clock, it will blow the fuse. If you plug in a vaccum cleaner, you will blow
the fuse. If you turn on two ceiling fans and lites, you will blow the fuse.
You can turn on 3 lites and don't Fort or make any noise, You maybe keep
from blowing the fuse.

You do need a electrician to see why you only have a 5 amp fuse in a circuit
that requires much more power than your allowing with the 5 amp fuse. There
is something very wrong here by having the 5 amp fuse in this application.

I use a 5 amp fuse for the 24 volt circuit of computorized hvac systems and
would never think about useing a 5 amp fuse for any electric service at all
in a home.

Timmah, You got something wrong or backwards here.

TURTLE