Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tooth brush to razor socket connection problem

In article ,
Dave W wrote:

"Broadback" wrote in message
news
Just to make it clear. My toothbrush was supplied with a three pin UK
square plug. I wish to plug it into my shaver socket which is a two
pin round socket. I have no intention of moving the charging of my
toothbrush from the bathroom to elsewhere as that would be
inconvenient. So I have bitten the bullet and cut the plug off the
new toothbrush and the plug off the old one and joined them with a
good quality connector. I did want to avoid this as it negates the
guarantee. So fingers crossed that the new toothbrush does well.
Thanks for all the help but the problem is now solved!

Just to make it clear, I take it the 'Earth' pin was plastic or
unconnected? Will there now be any danger if the live and neutral are
reversed?

Main danger is something getting broken with all that sticking out of the
wall.

--
*You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.