Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_2_] Dave W[_2_] is offline

Default Tooth brush to razor socket connection problem

"Broadback" wrote in message
news
Just to make it clear. My toothbrush was supplied with a three pin UK
square plug. I wish to plug it into my shaver socket which is a two pin
round socket. I have no intention of moving the charging of my toothbrush
from the bathroom to elsewhere as that would be inconvenient. So I have
bitten the bullet and cut the plug off the new toothbrush and the plug off
the old one and joined them with a good quality connector. I did want to
avoid this as it negates the guarantee. So fingers crossed that the new
toothbrush does well. Thanks for all the help but the problem is now
solved!

Just to make it clear, I take it the 'Earth' pin was plastic or unconnected?
Will there now be any danger if the live and neutral are reversed?
--
Dave W