Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default Tooth brush to razor socket connection problem

On Fri, 07 Apr 2017 15:16:00 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Scott
wrote:

On Fri, 07 Apr 2017 13:22:15 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Broadback wrote:
I have been given a new electric toothbrush. The problem is the the
socket I use is for electric razor while the new toothbrush has a
standard UK plug. Apart from cutting off the plug and joining it to a
razor plug has any one any suggestions please? the plus and toothbrush
charger is moulded.

Then use the charger in a 13 amp socket elsewhere. It doesn't need
charging each time it's used.

I agree. It should last for days between charges and there is no need
to charge in the bathroom (unless of course the stress and anxiety of
having to transport a heavy toothbrush from one room to another would
be too much, in which case you could always arrange trauma
counselling).

Mine works better when fully charged, and in any case has a euro (or
whatever) two pin plug that fits the shaver socket and is 12 years old
or so.

Mine runs on 2 AA batteries, so much easier. Except I use 1 lithium ion and a blank, which runs the motor faster and cleans my teeth better. Not advisable with everything, I tried doing the same with a Phillips razor and buggered the motor bearings. But the Braun toothbrush has been working fine like that for a year or so.

--
Someday we'll look back on all this and plough into a parked car.