Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default Tooth brush to razor socket connection problem

On 2017-04-07, Broadback wrote:

I have been given a new electric toothbrush. The problem is the the
socket I use is for electric razor while the new toothbrush has a
standard UK plug. Apart from cutting off the plug and joining it to a
razor plug has any one any suggestions please? the plus and toothbrush
charger is moulded.

Would a travel adapter (UK 3-pin in, europlug out) work?

I have a small switch (which I use for a couple of workstations, so is
handy and non-critical) which was supplied with a wall wart using a UK
adaptor which sticks out so much that the rather heavy PSU tends to
lever it out of the socket. It is still unstable even with copious
duct tape, so if I had bought it for a more remote, high-reliability use
(upstairs or in a cupboard) I would have probably thrown it away as not
reliable enough. So I don't think the adaptor as afterthought is
necessarily an adequate solution to make it of merchantable quality for
use in this country.

It is if it's just the plug that sits in the socket, and not the whole wart.

Anyway, merchantable quality doesn't apply in this instance, because it WAS supplied with a UK plug.

--
If sex is a pain in the ass, then you're doing it wrong.