Dan G

Default Removing a sink

those lines at some point, maybe not right under them. Look for an
access panel in the bottom of the cabinet or under the cabinet.

You will need to be able to stop the water flow to disconnect and to
modify. It may require killing the entire house, usually back where the
hot water tank is.

If you cannot find any localized shutoffs, you will need to know what
size pipe with which you are dealing. You can buy two compression angle
stops ($2 or $3 each). You are probably dealing with either 1/2" supply
lines or 3/8" lines. You can install the stops on either size pipe and
turn off the valve. This is not the ideal method, but will work well
and allow for future re-use of the system.
--

Keep the whole world singing. . .
Dan G

(remove the 7)

"Lorne" wrote in message
The living room has a 6-foot wide wet bar area with a sink at one end.
We've never used the faucets and sink, so we plan to remove it all and
replace the countertop to give us a usable 6-foot flat surface.

The house does not have copper pipe - all of the supply lines are grey
PVC. For this particular sink, the hot and cold supply come out of

the
floor and go directly to the faucet. I don't have access to the
connection in the basement because the ceiling is finished. So what I
have is two tubes coming from the floor.

Removing the sink seems easy, and closing off the drain doesn't look

that
complicated. But clearly I have to securely close off these supply
lines, and make sure the suckers don't leak. Since I can't do it at
source in the basement, I have to install some kind of valves under

the
sink to shut it all off. I've never done this or seen it done.

So before I go to the home depot and ask for advice there, what wisdom
can this group offer me?

Thanks in advance

--
Lorne Sundby