Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default OS upgrades

On Fri, 07 Apr 2017 23:26:43 -0400, wrote:

Why do you restore an OS image once a month??? Just wondering

Usually to clean off test software, unneeded software (eg Turbotax),
or to add software to my base image. Sometimes because of suspected
malware. Looking at my image archive, it seems to actually average
about every 45 days. It normally takes from 10 to 30 minutes.
Depends on how many updates I have to do.
That includes restoring my base image, updating, creating new base
image. My OS is on a small SSD (64gb) dedicated to it.
Bottom line is it's normal system maintenance for me.
Started imaging with XP, which was easy to break. I prefer to install
my OS one time only.