Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default OS upgrades

trader_4
Fri, 07
Apr 2017 19:38:22 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On Friday, April 7, 2017 at 6:20:47 AM UTC-4, Diesel wrote:
trader_4
Thu,
06 Apr 2017 19:54:15 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Nice job at taking something out of context in an attempt to
deceive. You just cut it off, right in the middle of a
sentence.

No, *I* didn't.

http://www.networkworld.com/article/...t-subnet/windo
ws-10-privacy-spyware-settings-user-agreement.html

But there are worse offenders. Microsoft's service agreement is a
monstrous 12,000 words in length, about the size of a novella.
And who reads those, right? Well, here's one excerpt from
Microsoft's terms of use that you might want to read:

We will access, disclose and preserve personal data,
including your content (such as the content of your emails,
other private communications or files in private folders),
when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary
to.

Check the url for yourself. What I pasted is EXACTLY what's
there. I didn't cut off a damn thing! You just jumped the gun and
falsely accused me of doing something *I* did NOT do.

So you're foolish enough to take quotes and repost them when it's
very obvious that they left off the whole last part of a sentence.
You don't care about the rest, because what you saw supports your
beliefs. And about this your bragging?

While I find your efforts to excuse your false accusation against me
rather amusing, it doesn't change what you did. They specifically
quoted an 'excerpt'. Are you familiar with the word?

And, it gets even better. See he

https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/...h-inking-typin
g-and-privacy-faq

Turning on the Speech recognition setting allows Microsoft to
collect and use your voice recordings to provide you with
cloud-based speech recognition services in Cortana, in supported
Store apps, and, over time, in other parts of Windows. As part of
that service, we also collect information from the user
dictionary created on your device. This user dictionary stores
unique words like names you write, which helps you type and ink
more accurately. Both the voice data and the user dictionary are
used in the aggregate to help improve our ability to correctly
recognize all users' speech.

Wow, imagine that. Smartphones have been doing similar for years
now. You don't want a smartphone? Don't want Win 10? Don't use
it! Just stop bitching.

Which smartphones specifically are keeping copies of my conversations
and submitting them elsewhere? Go ahead, take your time to form a
reasonable and believable reply. I'll wait.

In the meantime, you owe me an apology.