Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Samuel M. Goldwasser[_2_] Samuel M. Goldwasser[_2_] is offline

Default iPad screen - bar in middle - anyone found a fix?

John Robertson writes:

On 2017/04/06 12:27 PM, Samuel M. Goldwasser wrote:
John Robertson writes:

On 2017/04/06 9:53 AM, Fred McKenzie wrote:
In article ,
John Robertson wrote:

I just haven't poked inside one of these
displays before and it is for one of my grand-daughters.

John-

Back up the old iPad. Purchase a working identical iPad, and restore
from the backup.

Your Grand-Daughters will think you are a genius!

Fred

If I wasn't so cheap...

The LCDs may be available cheap on eBay. ;-) Looks like about $30.
Perhaps that's not cheap enough though.....

Those are for minis, not 1st gen. iPads.

Perhaps eBay: 322381337888 .

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/