Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OS upgrades

On Thu, 06 Apr 2017 15:47:17 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

On Thu 06 Apr 2017 08:29:06a, Terry Coombs told us...

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Thu 06 Apr 2017 07:26:20a, Terry Coombs told us...

Clearly you are just playing games with all the old crap that
you've accumulated, new "build" or not.

I have no sympathy for folks like you.

And I have no sypmathy for people who put everything on a
computer with an
OS that's KNOWN to spy on everything you do . I don't do cloud
storage , I'd like to keep my info MY info instead of putting it
out there for anybody with the skills to hack . I don't have a
"smart" TV for the same reasons ...

In that case, you should probably never connect anything to the
Internet.

Most definitely NOT without a router. Connecting directly to a simple
modem is just begging for trouble - particularly if youleave it
connected, You want a minimum of a NAS translator between your
computer and the interweb.