Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default OS upgrades

On 4/6/2017 11:29 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Thu 06 Apr 2017 07:26:20a, Terry Coombs told us...

Clearly you are just playing games with all the old crap that you've
accumulated, new "build" or not.

I have no sympathy for folks like you.

And I have no sypmathy for people who put everything on a computer with an
OS that's KNOWN to spy on everything you do . I don't do cloud storage , I'd
like to keep my info MY info instead of putting it out there for anybody
with the skills to hack . I don't have a "smart" TV for the same reasons ...

I don't do cloud storage either and turned off all the data that MS
wanted to collect in Win10 as it slowed shutdown considerably.

I don't see a microphone or camera on my smart TV and if there were a
camera it is easily covered. I like it for Netflix and now find Comcast
X1 system will work through wifi and brings Netflix to sets that are not
smart.

I want to master the technology, not let it master me. As Wayne points
out the only sure thing you can do is not to go online.