Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OS upgrades

On 04/06/2017 12:42 AM, Diesel wrote:
Some years ago, I had a local box running an older copy of Redhat. It
required some knowledge to get it to do much of anything a typical
Windows user would want to do.

I haven't used RedHat since in the early 2000's when their release
included a tweaked gcc and Python that broke stuff. If you wanted to
build a kernel you had to get another compiler.

fwiw, I read yesterday that Ubuntu has given up on the Unity desktop and
are going back to Gnome. Their phone/tablet version is also dead.
Shuttlesworth drank the Windows 8 KoolAid but the users weren't buying it.