Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default OS upgrades

Mark Lloyd
Wed, 05 Apr 2017 21:13:44 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On 04/05/2017 03:05 PM, wrote:

[snip]

Unless I read things wrong, UEFI doesn't look for or need the
MBR.

No MBR on a GPT disk, for sure.

There IS a MBR. If nothing else, it has one unknown partition for
the whole drive (up to 2TB) to protect against old utilities. I
don't know if UEFI ever checks this unless you try to do a "legacy
boot". This would fail if only the protective partition is listed.

See what I meant Mark? Wannabe IT advice is being offered in this
newsgroup. [g]