Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default OS upgrades

Oren
news 16:58:39 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On Tue, 4 Apr 2017 08:34:34 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

He also said he was going to update
the BIOS. Unless I was having a problem or needed to do it for
some particular reason, I would not screw with that either. IMO,
it's very unlikely to make a performance difference.

I agree. My Gigabyte mobo ( from 2012) has a dual BIOS. I did
flash one when I put this box together, but left the other with
the factory default. If needed I could boot to the original.

You may want to take a closer look at that board. Or, provide exact
board specs and I'll be happy to check it out for you. Most of the
time, the secondary bios isn't a full fledged one. it has enough code
to boot the machine so you can reflash the primary bios in the event of
a corruption issue. It won't on it's own, function as a complete backup
in the event the primary bios is down.

If it an't broke don't fix it.

So true.