Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OS upgrades

On Tue, 4 Apr 2017 20:44:50 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 04/04/2017 11:21 AM, Frank wrote:
Got no real Linux experience but when my Vista computer went south a few
years ago my son could not fix it with even a wipe and Vista reinstall
but got it working with Linux. This was on his either net at his home
but we could not get the wifi hooked up to in my home. I need to know
computers for my consulting work but don't want to spend all my time
working on computers. Bad enough dealing with software problems that
have to be worked on.

I'm not trying to sell Linux but it has gotten a lot better. The curve
worked out well for me. Linux got to the point where you didn't have to
screw around with it about the same time that I got thoroughly sick of
screwing around with Linux.

I tried Red Hat maybe 20 years ago. It lasted a few days until I blew
it off the drive. I'm not interested in learning a new vocabulary
glossary. Tood has pointed to Fedora & its GUI a few times here.
Perhaps things are better. Aw. Can't be true :-)