Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OS upgrades

On 04/05/2017 10:25 AM, trader_4 wrote:

[snip]

Experience will of course vary depending on what browser you're using.
I use Chrome mostly, with Pale Moon on the spare XP notebook. And with
whatever version of Chrome still worked on XP, I was starting to see
websites where it would not work. My main
point here is that whatever you're using, IDK of any browser that is
still being updated on XP and as we move forward, it seems odd to be
upgrading a system with the intention of running XP as a general purpose,
typical desktop going forward. It's not going to get more compatible,
only less so.

The current version of Firefox is supported on XP, although it's the
last version to be supported.

FF52 is an "Extended support" version. IIRC, they're providing updates
until fall 2017.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day
they start making vacuum cleaners." -- Ernst Jan Plugge