Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default OS upgrades

"Terry Coombs" news Tue, 04 Apr 2017 00:23:13 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Last time I checked I was getting a solid 6Mb/s down and 768k+
upload . I just scored a Win7 Pro/64 COA on ebay ... and am
downloading a clean ISO to burn to disk .

You're only delaying the inevitable going to Windows 7 from XP.

Support lifecycle

Microsoft ended the sale of new retail copies of Windows 7 in October
2014, and the sale of new OEM licenses for Windows 7 Home Basic, Home
Premium, and Ultimate ended on October 31, 2014. Professional currently
remains available to OEMs, primarily as part of downgrade rights for
Windows 8 licenses. OEM sales of PCs with Windows 7 Professional
preinstalled ended on October 31, 2016.[95] The sale of non-
Professional OEM licences was stopped on October 31, 2014.[96]
Mainstream support for 7 ended on January 13, 2015. Extended support
will end on January 14, 2020.[97]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Window...port_lifecycle