Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default OS upgrades

rbowman
Tue, 04 Apr 2017 03:14:56 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On 04/03/2017 06:29 PM, Diesel wrote:
That's not entirely true, yet with regard to firefox. 45.8.0 ESR
edition runs fine on XP. It'll continue to do so for awhile
longer.

It depends... I'm developing a map product using the ESRI
Javascript API and it won't go on XP's Firefox. The OpenGL calls
just aren't there. It might be the underlying hardware but it
hasn't worked on any XP box we tested.

That's actually a driver issue. Rather, lack of support in XP to do it.

Many websites still do work but I'm thinking the move to HTML5
rather than Flash (cursed be thy name) will create more problems
for XP browsers.

I don't have flash installed on this machine. It parses HTML5 just
fine, so far. Plays video from youtube, wimp, etc. no issues.