Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default OS upgrades

Oren
Tue, 04 Apr 2017
01:30:11 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On Tue, 4 Apr 2017 00:29:37 -0000 (UTC), Diesel
wrote:

Give Linux Mint a try.

Listen to what Snag is saying. Stop trying to push Linux on him;
especially his wife for cripes sake. If he can improve performance
on his present hardware, try to help a little. I don't like
Penguins with big heads. That's my rulin'.

I wasn't trying to push linux on him, but if he thinks he's just going
to load 64bit Windows XP and everything is gravy, he might be in for a
very rude awakening. Serious lack of drivers, for starters. If he's
happy with XP and his wife just does general stuff then my suggestion
will give him the most bang for his hardware buck, with little if/any
retraining required by him. Not to mention, saving cash.