Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default Vacuum cleaner amperage and suction power relationship

On 4/3/2017 11:25 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 4 Apr 2017 01:40:41 -0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Apr 2017 21:33:44 -0400, Dan Espen wrote:

At a garage sale, I picked up three vacuum cleaners for almost nothing
(because my fourth vacuum cleaner isn't all that great on carpets) and
three of the four work fine (the Dirt Devil has a broken belt & roller).

How are 4 going to work better than one?

Four floors.
One on each floor.

But really, I just want the two best ones.
The other two I'll take apart for fun.

Install a whole house vac.

I already have a whole house vac.
http://i.cubeupload.com/YM0MDz.gif

With a good central vac why would you EVER want a "regular" vacuum
cleaner??????

We had a Beam for about 20 years, and it outcleaned ANY portable vac I
ever tried. I replaced it last year with a new CanaVac unit and it has
WAY more suction - it will literally lift carpet.

Had a central system in my old house for almost 40 years. The new house
didn't and wife didn't want one. So I put up with regular vacuums for a
while. I then bought a used central unit on ebay just for me in the
garage and basement. I eventually plumbed it to the house. She
complains but doesn't use anything else. But and a big BUT, this thing,
even though bagless, plugs up. In the old house, it was a Sears
cyclonic unit ... no filters at all. This unit must be cleaned out
every 4 months and the filter will be almost totally plugged. You have
to use another vacuum to clean the dumb thing. You have it use a long
wand to go up into the unit and suck out whatever plugs the filter. As
far as I can determine, the filter doesn't come out. Looking to replace
it with a true cyclonic unit like this:
http://mycentralvacuum.com/product/g...um-power-unit/