Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default OS upgrades

"Terry Coombs" news Mon, 03 Apr 2017 21:40:38 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

wrote:
On Mon, 03 Apr 2017 16:30:31 -0400,
wrote:

Try it - you'll LOVE it. XP is TOTALLY yesterday's news on SO
many counts.

That microsoft Kool Ade is some yummy stuff huh?

The thought has crossed my mind to go to Ubuntu ... I've messed
around
with it a little and liked it , but getting the wife on board for
a major OS change has been problematic .

Give Linux Mint a try. I'm running 17.3 KDE on most of my boxes, and
MATE on a few others. 18.2 is around the corner, but, I'm waiting for
the 18 series to mature a little more before I run it as a daily OS.

I had no trouble switching some family members from Windows XP over
to Linux Mint. Infact, my support calls/time has been reduced as a
result. They aren't getting browser hijacked and/or malware anymore.
[g]

And, they aren't asking me a pile of questions about it either. It
just works for them. No steep learning curve either, if you want to
remain in the GUI and just use the machine for surfing the web,
email, etc. Oh, and no crashes, etc. it's an awesome OS.

Only have one left that actually runs windows native. The Linux boxes
run various Windows flavors in VM, to continue providing tech support
for my clients.

--
Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are
too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get