Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default OS upgrades

Mon, 03 Apr 2017 20:30:31 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Even FireFox doesn't support XP any more - and the Fox that runs
on XP can't handle a lot of the new web content. GO 7!!!!
Internet explorer 11, or the latest Firefox. Forget about Chrome.

That's not entirely true, yet with regard to firefox. 45.8.0 ESR
edition runs fine on XP. It'll continue to do so for awhile longer.

I haven't heard any serious security aware person recommend IE. Running
IE is practically asking for it. That hasn't changed in.. ****, over a
decade or more. Not that I mind if people take your advice; I make
money doing repairs and a lot of malware removal, so the more infected,
the better for me. That and name brand boxes. Dell has kept the lights
on for a long time for me. lol.

Try it - you'll LOVE it. XP is TOTALLY yesterday's news on SO many
counts.

Windows 7 isn't fully supported on modern hardware, anymore. In case
you missed the memo. XP isn't totally yesterdays news, just yet,
either. Many POS systems still use it, in one form or another. Many ATM
machines are still running it, too.

--
Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too
many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by,