Clive Long,UK

Default Bathrooms in flats

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message on.co.uk...
On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 21:38:26 +0000, BigWallop wrote:

Let me guess further we are talking about a 1970s flat, give or take, with a
silly set of tanks holding water to give about 0.05 bar at the kitchen hot
tap on a good day.

Combi boilers are the solution, or if no gas, electric unvented.

Just to re-inforce what has been written.

My situation was: 70's purpose built ground-floor flat. Large HW
cylinder / tank, heated by electric immersion. Under floor electric
heating. All the latest in the 1970's.

It took me two seconds to decide to rip it all out and go for a
Vaillant combi. Ever since I have hot water at mains pressure and I
reclaimed a cupboard from the water tank. Never regretted the decision
- but I was lucky - I had a great plumber and I had bags of time (he
was not instantly available). I think I overpaid for the flat given
the work that had to be done to make it habitable.

My parents have a four bedroom house and run that off a condensing
combi !!