Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default The filthy sluts kittens

On 31/03/2017 18:53, ARW wrote:
On 31/03/2017 08:54, T i m wrote:

[1] We have been given all sorts of furniture over the years and the
last (via Freecycle) was a very nice 3 seater leather sofa and two
leather side chairs that looked like new. I asked if they had ever
used them and they said yes, for 15 years and that included by the
Labrador puppies that the bred. Anything given to us by a cat owner
was generally ripped up somewhere.

It's not ripped, it has been loved:-)

;-)

So, is it tat cat owners simply 'give up' trying to get their 'companion
animals' to behave socially in their shared home and so just seem to
accept such things as often as they seem to?

Do their brains finally turn to mush and then they simply accept that
their cat knocking an expensive vase of the shelf or a can of beer into
their MacBook Pro, or walking across food preparation surfaces are just
'one of those things'?

Of course we know that many animals can and do do damage to houses /
decoration / furniture but most hope that those behavioural patterns
could be trained out of a dog (at least)?

We came across what is the biggest Terrier I've ever seen today in the
form of a 1 year old 'Black Russian Terrier' bitch. Initially wary of
strangers she soon warmed to us and didn't bite or scratch us once. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

---