Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default Another EPROM question.

On 2017/03/31 10:35 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

I would like to read what is in the old EPROMs in my machine. They
contain the ladder programming for the machine. I cannot get a copy of
this ladder from Miyano, who made the lathe and wrote the ladder. Is
there a way to read what is programmed in these EPROMs? I guess I
should ask if there is a way I can read what is in them. I know what a
ladder looks like and can read one but I don't know if one can be read
from a device just by downloading and using a text reader to see what
is there.
Eric

It would be doubtful if you could. The eprom will give a bunch of
hexidecimal numbers. You would need a program that could convert that
to the ladder.

Not to mention there is likely CPU operating code which you would need
to learn or find a code disassembler. Not for the faint of heart!

If there is a service shop like mine in your area and they have classic
tools such as a Fluke 9010 or 9100 then they can read the EPROM(s) by
simply pulling the CPU and exercising the motherboard under proper power.

Probably...

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com